I went to the doc this morning and it was a very uneventful appointment--which is a good thing. I have been kinda anxious because I had Arden this week--on Wednesday.I definately had some symptoms that I have not had with little boy and the main thing was that I was already having some pretty good contracctions and she was not head down. The doctor checked my bp and the baby's heart rate and both were very good. My fluid levels looked good too and they were a little low with Arden-which complicated an already complex situation. This was a very reassuring visit. The doc's exact words were "i am very pleased with this pregnancy and how it is going-I think you will have a very successful vaginal birth this time". Hooray! Boy is still head down and he said all the cramping feelings that I am having at night can be attributed to the body releasing relaxin with is a hormone that causes your joints to loosen. He said that usually causes aching in the hips and in my case-legs. He said just watch for contractions that won't slow down and try to take it easy after work. I have been going home and eating pb&j everynight and nesting and watching movies with Arden. We watched Chronicles of Narnia last night in our bathrobes and ate popcorn. It was great. I am getting so excited for boy!!! For some of you who know me, I like surprises. I like to plan but i also like surprises like sweet notes for no reason (maybe Matt should read this :)) and surprise Christmas presents etc. I am feeling the same way about boy--I don't know when he will come but I am excited that it might not be the same as last time and it might be cool. I know it will hurt-I am not that dumb but I just mean a whole new experience of going to the hospital because the baby is coming and all that jazz. We have not been able to see him well at all on the ultrasounds so I am excited to see if he has hair or if he looks like daddy or whatever he looks like. I am just excited for a new experience-even if it is scary or strange-it will be something i always remember. So, I will know alot more about dialation and the like next week. Until then I will be resting and nesting.
oh and I almost forgot-----Matt bought a fan at walmart last night and it is the best thing since sliced bread. no sweating at night and saving money on the electric bill.
Monday, August 17, 2009
34 weeks and counting
Posted by Christy C Beach at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Glad everything at the doc visit was uneventful but I just can't wait to meet little Brock!
BTW - love your signature. When I get back on track and start posting again I'll have to know how to do that. Too cool!!
Post a Comment